Carry- All



"Why do women need so many bags? "
"You have one."
"You put all your junk in it, and that's it." 
"You're done."
                   
Nate in Devil Wears Prada


Wrong Nate, you are so wrong.
 Handbags serve many purposes. You have your everyday bag, the night out bag, the travel bag, the weekend bag, the "I don't care if it gets dirty bag", your first designer, and so many more.  I gathered a few handbags above, that I've been carrying the most recently. I usually end up carrying all of these bags in one month, since they all serve important duties. I'm slightly protective over my handbags. I'm a big advocate for dust bags, leather care kits, keeping certain bags away from the elements. I'm serious about these beauties. They're wearable pieces of art.

Hanging on my door is my Tory Burch Ella Tote, which is more of a weekend, travel, carry all. It's so spacious, I just love it. It carries everything from magazines, laptop, books, a cardigan, snacks etc. 

On top of the pillow, is my Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Affair, this is my everyday bag. It serves as a cross body and a shoulder bag so it's very versatile, and fits all my daily essentials. I usually carry a small cosmetic bag, mini wallet or card case, a snack, my keys, sunglasses, and a tiny water bottle. It's a very deceiving bag, it looks small, but holds a lot. 

At the bottom, is my Forever 21 cross body. I almost carry this as much as the Quilted Affair. It's definitely my "I don't care if it gets dirty" bag. It's super light, carries the basics, and is low maintenance. If I drop it or get it wet, it's no biggie. It can easily be wiped off. No dust bag required 

Last but not least, is my Prada Saffiano Mini Double Zip Tote. This was my first major designer bag I purchased on my own. I believe in purchasing items that will last, and are timeless. It's fun to buy trends, but eventually you'll need substance pieces. It's a very chic reliable bag. It's not too big or too small, and fits a large majority of my items. 
GUIDE
I made a little self help guide, showing what items you can fit in each bag! 

Tory Burch Ella Tote: It holds all of the items above and probably more
Rebecca Minkoff Quilted Bag: Phone, headphones, keys, mini wallet or large wallet, snack bar, and small cosmetic pouch.
Prada Tote: Small notepad, mini or large wallet, phone, headphones, keys, snack bar, tiny water bottle,  iPad mini
Forever 21 Crossbody: Mini wallet, keys, snack bar, phone & headphones


So Nate's quote above, about handbags being a thing you "throw junk" in, is naive. Most of his opinions through out Devil Wears Prada are, but that's another story lol.
 I'd like to close with another DWP quote from Andy's friend Doug, "Fashion is not about utility." "An accessory is merely a piece of iconography used to express individual identity." 
So true Doug

0 comments :

Post a Comment