A Gown, A Mullet, and A Bob


 The Grammys, music's biggest night to celebrate the accomplishments of blah.. blah.. blah.. lets get to the FASHION!! I have three looks from last night that left an imprint in my mind, lets get started shall we?
                         
                                                                             Adele
First up, is songstress Adele in Givenchy.  Adele has a history of wearing floor length or A line gowns, with three quarter sleeves and embellishments. I didn't dislike this gown, but I didn't love it either. It's very reminiscent of a Burberry gown she wore to the Grammys a few years ago. I actually would have preferred her in the red Givenchy gown below, that she performed in later that night. It was the same silhouette, but it fit her better and I liked her messy up do. As much as I love black, I thought the red gown made more of a statement last night. Maybe the black number was gorgeous in person, but didn't photograph well on the carpet.                                                                                           

 
Vogue.com

                                                               Zendaya
Next, we have Zendaya, in a clean cut tuxedo by Dsquared2, and a cropped blonde mullet. Yes, a mullet! When I saw this on the carpet, I was beyond confused. Zendaya is such a beautiful girl, and an up and coming style maven. She's known for taking risks on the carpet, but I wasn't prepared for this one.
 This just didn't make sense to me! Later on, I took a closer look to try to understand her style logic. I got it, she was paying homage to David Bowie! Kudos to her for honoring his musical and fashion legacy.  I think she could have tailored the suit a little...better though. She has such a petite frame, and the suit looked baggy on her. If she tailored it better, wore a classic black pump, with a sleek high ponytail or top knot, it would have looked more put together. However, it wouldn't have been the proper homage to Bowie she was aiming for so, I understand. Whew! Zendaya had me scared for a moment.


                                                                       Taylor Swift
Last we have Taylor Swift in a colorful Atelier Versace dress, with Lorraine Schwartz jewelry, Stuart Weitzman heels, and a blonde bob. Like Adele, Taylor has certain styles she feels comfortable in. For Taylor, it's the A line floor length gown, split down the middle, with a matching mini skirt. She wore a similar look to the Grammys last year by Elie Saab. I didn't dislike her choice this year, but I've seen her in versions of this before.
 The bandeau crop top and skirt was fun and flirty. I do adore the color blocking, I think she wears bold colors well, and the look complimented her tall frame. The bob just didn't work for me. Her hair could have been super straight, ending at her shoulders, and it would have been just as edgy. Overall, it was the hair and the odd bloomer affect in the middle of her dress, that I just couldn't get over. That part of her dress wasn't very flattering.



    Overall, I didn't detest these three looks, I just think they could have been executed better. What's your verdict? Did you see any other looks that caught your eye?

0 comments :

Post a Comment